Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

PlayStation Vita (PSV), An attempted "FUCK YOU!" to Nintendo....
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 12:38 AM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 973

Knowing me, and how I'm late to hearing about stuff like this, most of you probably already know about this crazy thing. :penguin_17:

Between the price for this, and the price of the seperate memory card, and the cost to re-purchase on PlayStation Network your old PSP games YOU ALREADY OWN, I think I'd stick with getting a 3DS instead.

List of launch titles

List of games due for release or under development

At least this system isn't landlocked, so if some of these don't reach the States, you can just import em.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 04:50 PM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (a-hole w/ 9000atk @ Dec 5 2011, 02:38 AM)
Knowing me, and how I'm late to hearing about stuff like this, most of you probably already know about this crazy thing. :penguin_17:

Between the price for this, and the price of the seperate memory card, and the cost to re-purchase on PlayStation Network your old PSP games YOU ALREADY OWN, I think I'd stick with getting a 3DS instead.

List of launch titles

List of games due for release or under development

At least this system isn't landlocked, so if some of these don't reach the States, you can just import em.

You're EXTREMELY late... and you forgot about the 3-5 HOUR long battery.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 06:15 PM

Oh yeah, that stupidly short-living battery........yeah, there's that, too.

I'm not sure how long a DS battery lasts, but I'm pretty certain it's longer than that.

I mean, I heard they were working on a PSP successor, but this was the first time I'd heard confirmed info on it. Doesn't sound worth it, to me, compared to the 3DS.

Hell, I'm still reluctant to buy the PS3, even though it has games I want and I refuse to get an X360; I only didn't buy it b/c backwards compatibility is a bitch with it, and there was a giant backlog of PSX/PS2 titles I hadn't played or finished yet, so I decided that a $40 investment was more potentially worth it in the long run.

Sony reeeeeeally doesn't understand the term 'affordability' anymore, do they?

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on Dec 5 2011, 06:21 PM
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 03:08 PM

QUOTE (a-hole w/ 9000atk @ Dec 5 2011, 08:15 PM)
Oh yeah, that stupidly short-living battery........yeah, there's that, too.

I'm not sure how long a DS battery lasts, but I'm pretty certain it's longer than that.

I mean, I heard they were working on a PSP successor, but this was the first time I'd heard confirmed info on it. Doesn't sound worth it, to me, compared to the 3DS.

Hell, I'm still reluctant to buy the PS3, even though it has games I want and I refuse to get an X360; I only didn't buy it b/c backwards compatibility is a bitch with it, and there was a giant backlog of PSX/PS2 titles I hadn't played or finished yet, so I decided that a $40 investment was more potentially worth it in the long run.

Sony reeeeeeally doesn't understand the term 'affordability' anymore, do they?

It's called "the Japanese will buy anything told to."
Ion
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 05:51 PM

さくら荘のペット

Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 2

I AM thinking about it XD (Probably not, I'll be in Japan during December but it's 25000 yen v. USD250, I can wait...)

On the other hand, probably not, I'll just get a PSP since it's so cheap now with PSVita coming out.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 12:02 AM

I'd rather invest in a PS3 than this, personally. I mean, unless there's something I absolutely must have that I couldn't get on another system, fuck it. There's more appealing games on the 3DS right now anyway (not to mention I'm glad I waited & the price drastically dropped ^_^ ).
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 10:48 AM

Another problem, another lie exposed...

http://gaygamer.net/2011/12/vita_to_be_tie...ne_account.html
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:24 PM

Well, fuck.......I really don't see the point in buying this damn thing now.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:28 PM

http://kotaku.com/5878088/ps-vita-now-sell...pan-says-report

Barely 18,000 this week? Ouch, but not shocking considering how Sony handles things. but the PSP is doing better? Funny how the original (3000 at least) keeps beating the new versions of itself (the PSP-Go and now the Vita, which is the WANTED PSP2 with TWO analogs sticks), unlike the DS which honestly gets better each time (though the 3DS has a battle still to catch up to the DS-Lite).

Honestly do you think this would be the same if it really had been just PSP2, the same system with more power and the two analogs and still using the UMD as well as the slot for the Vita-style Flash carts? You know, so people could use their ORIGINAL games and thus it's easier to adapt because people didn't lose the investment they put in originally (which is why it's still way easier to adapt the 3DS from the DS because you still can play your DS on it and not lose your entire collection).

At least GBA to DS took a long time to phase out the GBA games and 3DS to DS will take even longer, PSP just cuts those UMD's out FAST and says "oops, sorry."
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 03:29 PM

It seems to be the deciding factor with this thing, and I can't blame anybody for not wanting to lose all their PSP games - which is why I opted for a PS2 before a PS3.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 02:22 PM

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7200...rice-structure/

Option A: 300mb for $20 bucks a month...

Option B: 3gb for $30 bucks a month

Option C: 5gb for $50 bucks a month...

First off... for those bad at tech math, 3 gb is 3000 mb... so for ten extra bucks you may or may not be willing to shell out, you get 1000% more than someone who didn't but yet still it is 20 to 30, not 5 or free to 30...

I think I speak for everyone when I say,

"LE FUCK!!!"

10 bucks gets you 2700 MORE data, but not just that, 20 (which you have to pay to even have 3G or you just paid 50 extra bucks for the Wifi version of it) gives you absolute SHIT?

Then to top it off.

Option B to Option C is a difference of 20 bucks... and only 2000 MB, but A to B was 10 bucks and 2700MB. A 1000% increase on one should mean UNLIMITED DATA on the other (or 30000 MB a month).

Really... AT&T and Sony... truly a match made in heav-ell...

Let's REALLY set this in stone now...

Wifi-Only Version costs 250 + 120 (but dropped a bit more lately) for memory... $370 Gross. No game included unless you buy the bundle, which is like 50 bucks MORE.

3G version costs 300 + 120 + 20, 30 or 50 A MONTH, also no game included except in the bundles. 470 bucks bitches... no game and that's not unlimited data.

But we bitched and moaned about 250 for the 3DS, which came with included games and functions and they LOWERED the price and gave 20 free games.

Do we have perspective now?
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:11 PM

Just proves that Nintendo has more business sense.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 04:45 PM

And even more to think about...

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/12/how...-ps-vita-games/

http://gaygamer.net/2012/02/save_some_scri...th_vita_do.html

So, it's a little cheaper to download the game, but THEN you need the room and thus have to buy the BIGGER MORE EXPENSIVE CARDS which also doesn'tleave you room then for all those movies and music they are expecting you to buy the device for (else, it's just a pure gaming device and you wasted your money).

Or... you can buy the "more expensive" physical media and have the room on your card for other things seeing as you bought the system for more than just games. Seems like each way you go, the math isn't adding up to that 250-300 price tag Sony was so happy to tout when people complained about 250 being too much for the 3DS.

BTW-- With all this downloading business, remember what happens if you are on 3G doing this. If you're paying 30 a month to AT&T for 3 GB a month and you download Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or that Uncharted game, you just used up over HALF your allotment for the month and you know what you will be charged for every bit of data you go over... So you'll be stuck BUYING physical media anyway, because it will be cheaper and LESS RESTRICTIVE in the long run. OH and if you say you will download only on Wifi, WHY DID YOU BUY THE 3G model?! For Facebook?

Your Facebook Status should then read: "I bought a 3G Sony Vita just to post this. I'm clearly retarded."

Also, if the chain of though that you can use third party of subvert Sony's pricing of Memory Stick and such... doesn't that same logic apply to buying your physical media from places you KNOW will drop the price soon after or even early to undercut while the digital version will be price controlled by Sony for the most part and price cuts won't come as soon as you would want anyway. Even brick and mortar stores can and will set their own prices and discounts to seduce you to buy with them and not digital anyway. So that means digital WOULDN'T be cheaper, just more restrictive for the so-called CONVENIENCE.

Sony Playstation Vita... "It's Adding Up... -Not Adding Up- "
Ion
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 06:01 PM

さくら荘のペット

Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 2

As far as 3G model goes - the machine is CLEARLY aim at the American market. Sales in Japan are not surprising as all the good games they're looking forward to haven't come out yet (Monster Hunter...cough...). On the other hand, while in Japan I didn't even see half a person holding a PSVita around (PSP, on the other hand...) and stocks are everywhere (I went in late December = it just came out over there...)

And looking at the size of those game...let say average of maybe 1GB, with AT&T and their shitty network, god knows how long that will take. Okay, you argue that you better use Wi-Fi to download game, then what in the world I need that stinking 3G for? (No, don't start on me on Facebook and Twitter and those shit...I've a phone for that). On side note, 3G? Like I even get 3G where I live right now...

Conclusion - I may get the Wi-Fi version...once the price drop.

P.S. Everyone know that Sony marketing team is crap. I mean, they make great products, yet they don't even create the Apple hype even though Sony is suppose to be high-end stuff. Why? Marketing, marketing, marketing...
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Ion @ Feb 6 2012, 08:01 PM)
On side note, 3G? Like I even get 3G where I live right now...

Do you still live in Texas? Is 3G really a problem there, let alone 4G?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting