Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Pages: (19) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, Katto BINGU da ze Ore!!
LeArk
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 08:52 AM

Just Call Me Ark

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 88

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6560/144qvi1575e.jpg

Gist of this looks like the Encore Presentation will also have information about a new Yu-Gi-Oh! Series. Looks like this is the big Whirlwind V-Jump was hinting at.

This post has been edited by LeArk on Dec 13 2010, 09:46 PM
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 01:20 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Member No.: 973

This worries me.

Takahashi said 5D's WOULD BE THE LAST ONE, NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS. This means NAS is pulling a DBGT......and we all know how that went. We also know how well things go when NAS tries to do things on their own with the slow downward spiral that was the GX anime.

Unless Takahashi decided to renig on his earlier statement & is going to work on this one, too, I'd be really concerned.
SearchmanDS
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 04:03 PM

Shadow of the Now and Then

Group: Members of the Hangout
Member No.: 630

For those who don't read moonspeak, what exactly does that say? Word for word I mean.

This post has been edited by SearchmanDS on Dec 9 2010, 04:04 PM
LeArk
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 05:27 PM

Just Call Me Ark

The relevant words here is "New Series". That's about it. The rest has to do with screening crap I can't read due to Blursville.
SearchmanDS
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 07:43 PM

Shadow of the Now and Then

Group: Members of the Hangout
Member No.: 630

QUOTE (LeArk @ Dec 9 2010, 05:27 PM)
The relevant words here is "New Series". That's about it. The rest has to do with screening crap I can't read due to Blursville.

I see. Was just wondering if there was anything else there that could give us more info.
LeArk
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 09:00 PM

Just Call Me Ark

If there was more information, I'd of posted it.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 08:22 AM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (LeArk @ Dec 9 2010, 11:00 PM)
If there was more information, I'd of posted it.

Well... BEHOLD!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ZEXAL

(Posted Image)

And they claimed GX and 5D's were stupid names? I'm sorry, but ZEXAL feels like such a "Beyblade-ish" name.

Why do I have a bad feeling this is going to Gundam ZZ us?

(Gundam fans remember that Z was very popular but ALSO very dark and ZZ was made to counter that level of darkness with a lot of comedy and lightheartedness).

--------------------------------

Update (10:57AM EST)

(Posted Image)

Meet Yuma Tsukumo:

Your new brat-fantastic belongs-in-Beyblade hero of ZEXAL. Goodbye, older mature-focused serious heroes.

I love how they somehow managed a perfect fusion of Yugi. Yusei and Judai's hair into a God of Crazy Hair.

You can clearly see Yusei's hair in there, the part and style is still Yugi and the color and face is Judai.

I call this Evidence 1 of going toward a Smilesville YGO again with kids. At least 4Kids will be happy.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 02:25 PM

If Wiki is to be believed, it seems that they've somehow talked Takahashi into yet one more, so I'm not quite as worried if he's still behind it. Maybe the success of 5D's rekindled his faith enough after the previous disaster.

For once, the name makes no sense.
RedEyesFan
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 04:48 PM

Advanced Duelist

Member No.: 3,631

if we took out that oversize X, we'll have zeal which:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/zeal
fervor for a person, cause, or object; eager desire or endeavor; enthusiastic diligence; ardor.

the name totally makes no sense at all
LeArk
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 08:20 PM

Just Call Me Ark

Zexal is supposedly set in the future. When he and his rival Ryouga, the biggest bad boy at his school, duel, the mysterious entity Astral appears.

Also, this series is such a reaction to Card Fight!! Vanguard it isn't funny. And yeah, it's probably meant to be a counter to 5D's and its grim dark-ish mind screw finale events.

This post has been edited by LeArk on Dec 13 2010, 09:46 PM
madness_hero
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 11:21 PM

Veteran Duelist

Member No.: 1,053

QUOTE (Shinobi Phoenix @ Dec 13 2010, 08:22 AM)
--------------------------------

Update (10:57AM EST)

(Posted Image)

Meet Yuma Tsukumo:

Your new brat-fantastic belongs-in-Beyblade hero of ZEXAL. Goodbye, older mature-focused serious heroes.

I love how they somehow managed a perfect fusion of Yugi. Yusei and Judai's hair into a God of Crazy Hair.

You can clearly see Yusei's hair in there, the part and style is still Yugi and the color and face is Judai.

I call this Evidence 1 of going toward a Smilesville YGO again with kids. At least 4Kids will be happy.

Weird Hair Style.
The most important element for all YGO main characters.

and yes, I was worried the moment I saw the image on the internet.
As we're going from 100% plot strong storyline to a GX-ish + ZZ-ish one-mindless-duel-per-episode style again.
Could this be the end of the card game as we all know it?
yes, I'm very very worried
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 12:15 AM

Heh, that hadn't occurred to me; it might very well be a counterattack to Itou's series. Dunno' how much of a ripoff it'll end up beyond the art style (although I'm glad to see Takahashi's style being used elsewhere, actually), but whatever. not to mention the points you were talking about on Janime (quite a few luxuries that series may enjoy compared to YGO), which might make NAS, Konami, and, hell maybe even Takahashi himself a little worried........but mostly the first two (whereas Takahashi may be proud of him for possibly hitting the big time).

For some reason, I forgot to ask this: Why would they cut 5D's off so soon? Granted, now that I think about it, it'd be hard to top the current situation, what with time-warping & the inevitable Yusei vs. YuZONE finale, but still, given how well this has done, couldn't NAS think of something for one more season? 5D's might end up the shortest season; however, given it's probably their best, it might be FOR the best.

The lead girl (or I assume her to be the lead girl) is pretty cute. Nicole should be ecstatic - NO GIANT RACK. :P Although, considering the new guy might be considerably younger than previous protagonists, she might be, too, which would explain that.

So, the name is basically "Zeal, but with a silent 'X' stuck in the middle for no known reason other than Rule Of Cool'............oooooooookaaaaaaay......? STILL makes no sense at the moment.

In speaking of names, I'm going to be chuckling at the protagonist's name for quite a while, as Yuma happens to be the nickname my aunt goes by, lol. Not that they would know that, obviously, but still funny.

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on Dec 14 2010, 12:16 AM
LeArk
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 03:04 AM

Just Call Me Ark

The new mechanic is Ekushiizu Shoukan (Exceeds? Excess? Exceed?) Summon. It uses 2 or more monsters of the same Level to create a Monster {Ekushiizu}, and furthermore, the materials aren't sent to the Graveyard and are used as support for the new monster.

The new girl is Kotori.

Ryouga uses a sea themed deck with the shark like Big Jaws,

For some reason, I forgot to ask this: Why would they cut 5D's off so soon?

Because 5D's wasn't a counterattack to Vanguard, this is. That's the entire reason 5D's is getting canned.

http://l.pic.to/19gt5v-1-e7bb.jpg
http://i.pic.to/17gzj1-1-f303.jpg
http://a.pic.to/13tkuf-1-ea66.jpg
http://a.pic.to/13tkuf-2-ea66.jpg
http://k.pic.to/14jxa9-2-485f.jpg
http://k.pic.to/14jxa9-1-485f.jpg
http://f.pic.to/1cpijp-1-251e.jpg
http://f.pic.to/1cpijp-2-251e.jpg
http://t.pic.to/15c8gv-1-5340.jpg

Also, Yuuma has a fat kid friend like Juudai did with Hayato.

Also, to note, Shin Yoshida, the head writer for DOMA, Pharaoh's Memory, Darkness, Dark Signer and Yliaster/WRGP and Ark Cradle Arcs, is writer of the manga and the head writer of the anime.

This post has been edited by LeArk on Dec 14 2010, 03:06 AM
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 04:53 AM

Which would explain the 'X' in the middle, since it seemingly reads 'X-Ceeds', right? Still wouldn't explain the Zeal part, though.

This new mechanic.......is similar to something someone here did as CACs (I THINK it was Nicole; can't say for sure), except this uses it as a Summoning method.

I have one major beef with the new Summons, though: It almost blatantly implies, as someone on Janime said, that the end of 5D's might end with the destruction of Synchros - since, after all, they're apparently the source behind the bad timeline's accidental nuke. So the 'X-Cess Summon' might have been developed later as a replacement. Now, while it's probably a good to break from Synchros for a while, if they're NO LONGER POSSIBLE IN THE YGO UNIVERSE, that may mean NO MORE SYNCHROS AT ALL.........or at least a very, very limited few new ones in the future.

QUOTE (LeArk)
Because 5D's wasn't a counterattack to Vanguard, this is. That's the entire reason 5D's is getting canned.

For me, not a good enough reason to nix possibly the best series we've had.

Also, to note, Shin Yoshida, the head writer for DOMA, Pharaoh's Memory, Darkness, Dark Signer and Yliaster/WRGP and Ark Cradle Arcs, is writer of the manga and the head writer of the anime.

However, this gives me a little bit of hope. Don't screw this up, man!!!!

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on Dec 14 2010, 04:57 AM
LeArk
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 05:58 AM

Just Call Me Ark

For me, not a good enough reason to nix possibly the best series we've had.

To Japanese executives. It's is every reason. Vanguard doesn't have 3 companies stirring together. It has 1 Company. That's hyper competent at CCGs. Whose project is lead by a MtG player turned professional R&D expert who knows how to make REALLY GOOD and legitmate Metagame decks in its comics and anime without losing the fun and shock/awe factor. And it has Itoh for Art. It's basically declaring bloody war on Yu-Gi-Oh!

This post has been edited by LeArk on Dec 14 2010, 05:58 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (19) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting