Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga (5D's and GX), New guy in town and the not-forgotten
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Aug 31 2009, 07:52 AM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

Since there isn't really a thread just for the Mangas, I thought it would be nice to have one so manga stuff doesn't get swallowed up in all those anime pages (it is really long by now and only getting longer).

First GX (even I like the manga, it's the anime I hated): Anyone else happy that Jim is dueling already? Sure, it's against "King" Fubuki Tenjoin and he is using "Alligator" monsters instead of Fossils (so far anyway), but it should be nice for people who still haven't forgiven NAS, Konami or Shueisha for the lack of Fossil Fusions in anything except Tag Force.

Also, Fubuki's stuff is strange, it seems so much more like what Amon would use. Maybe his Dragons (including REBD) come later in 45.

5D's: Lightning Warrior clearly needs to be made into a promo. And I hope they explain why Yusei has the marker already and if Satellite is still "the black and Irish people" of Yu-Gi-Oh.
Adam5
Posted: Aug 31 2009, 12:14 PM

Veteran Duelist

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 1,018

My biggest surprise about the 5D's manga is that there are no Speed Spells or Speed World (at least in this chapter). Which is strange, because those are what made 5D's unique in the first place. (not counting the Synchros)

About GX, well, what can I say? Boss monster battles are always awesome :D. It seems Fubuki plays a way more strategy oriented deck here than in the anime, which was pretty much a pure Red-Eyes/Dragon beatdown with a little burn (Yepp, I'm talking about Red-Eyes Burn).

The tyrant NEPTUNE is just pure awesomeness. I hope they release it quickly with the same, or at least with a similar effect gaining ability. Those are always fun (and broken xD).
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Aug 31 2009, 02:24 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Member No.: 973

I've already mentioned my thoughts on Neptune's insanity in the Promos Thread - since it's almost certain we'll get it in some fashion.

I love the GX manga, but the start to the 5Ds one worries me slightly - it just didn't have the same impact as Ep. 1 of the anime - something I never thought I'd say about ANY of the animes. o_O
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 06:43 AM

QUOTE (a-hole w/ 9000atk @ Aug 31 2009, 04:24 PM)
I've already mentioned my thoughts on Neptune's insanity in the Promos Thread - since it's almost certain we'll get it in some fashion.

I agree with Ion though (and this is coming from the guy who is obsessed with Phantom of Chaos and OHED).

Neptune can copy powers, but only of those it uses as a sacrifice. So the problem becomes "how did you get that monster in order for it to be used as such?"

To avoid being off-topic, I'll explain in the Promos thread.

I would like Neptune, but most of the time, it would end up like Mist King or Great Maju with Chalice running around.

Incidentally this too is something I've made already.

RDID-EN088
Phantom of Umbral
3 Stars
FIRE / Psychic / Tuner
ATK 1500 / DEF 1800
EFFECT:  This card is also treated as a DARK Demon-Type monster while face-up on the field and in your Graveyard.  Once per turn, you may pay 1500 Life Points to select 1 other monster on the field or in a player's Graveyard.  That monster will be treated as a Tuner monster until the end of the turn.  If this card is used as Synchro Material monster, pay 1000 Life Points and the Synchro Monster summoned using this card will gain the effects of 1 of the non-Tuner monsters used for its summoning.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Sep 16 2009, 05:08 AM

And A-Hole should be happy, he gets his NEPTUNE to play with already.

The rest of us get... LIGHTNING WARRIOR!!!!!
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Sep 27 2009, 04:03 AM

So where the hell do you go to read 5D's Manga?

I usually go to OneManga for GX Manga, but is someone going to put 5D's up on there?
david0925
Posted: Sep 27 2009, 05:17 AM

Ultimate Duelist

Member No.: 152

I just hope Fubuki is actually a king this time and doesn't lose every single duel in the series (Well, he won one already)
a-hole w/ 9000atk
  Posted: Jan 22 2010, 08:53 AM

I know this thread has fallen to the wayside, but an extremely interesting development has occurred in the GX manga that I guarantee NO ONE would have ever seen coming.......

The possibility of Judai & Edo using TWO ENTIRELY NEW 'HERO' THEMES. Maybe these new ones are to work alongside their original Heroes, but we could very well be seeing a new era, here.

No, Neo-Spacians don't count; they just WORKED alongside the E-Heroes; it was ALWAYS still an E-Hero deck. This, as well as Edo's, is entirely new.

Judai = M-Heroes (Masked)
Edo = V-Heroes (Vision)

The good news is, these Masked Heroes might make a few people here quite happy - they appear to be tokusatsu-related, judging by the first one revealed (Raging Fire).

As you can all imagine, this is causing quite the stir at Janime...... >_<

EDIT: It appears that Edo's Vision Heroes are.......just Warrior-type Gem Beasts with a slightly altered mechanic..........wtf?

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on Jan 22 2010, 09:04 AM
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jan 22 2010, 09:08 AM

Time to errata HERO cards again. More reason why it was stupid to ever NOT use "Hero" and just exclude the ones that don't like (similar to Arsenal Summoner). It's easier than having to CONSTANTLY errata a card again and again when a new Hero type is added.

Vision Heroes' mechanic is interesting and all this is JUST in time for 701 (not release in), as this is the time new mechanics, card types and archetypes show up even in promos.

(Red Daemon was the first Synchro really and a promo before release in The Duelist Genesis or DT01).
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Jan 22 2010, 09:27 AM

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the chaos about possible erratas.......oh well, that's the TCG's fault for not just using 'Hero' in the effect text. KoJ doesn't have this problem, so they don't have to worry about shit.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 05:01 PM

It's official - those M-Heroes ARE tokusatsu Heroes, complete with "Henshin Summon" (Transformation Summon on YGO Wikia; same difference) into new M-Heroes in a similar vein to NEX for Neo-Spacians.

Kageyama's got to be a tokusatsu nerd. :P First Sho's card, now these guys. Nice to see he's making this particular Summoning method workable - if this does translate into how the actual released M-Heroes will work.

GO, GO, DUELING SE.... *gets shot*
MystikX
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 06:26 PM

MIJU MIJU!!!

Member No.: 473

(Posted Image)

Looks like the 5Ds Manga is completely rewriting Aki's character. Instead of being a Psychic Duelist, she's basically Asuka Version 5Ds.

She goes to an all-girl Duel Academy called Duel Academy Queens, and she has the title "Queen of Queens", being the top D-Wheeler. She also has an ability called "Foresee Draw", which lets her predict what she'll draw next.

She's still using Rose-themed cards, though. "Rose Witch" can count as 2-Tributes, "Queen of Rose" is a Level 7 monster w/ 2400 ATK and an unknown effect.
SearchmanDS
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 08:37 PM

Shadow of the Now and Then

Group: Members of the Hangout
Member No.: 630

QUOTE (MystikX @ Feb 25 2010, 06:26 PM)
(Posted Image)

Looks like the 5Ds Manga is completely rewriting Aki's character.

So basically what the manga has been doing since the GX one has started. Same character, different developments in their characters. At least her not being a Psychic Duelist stays off Divine from showing...for now.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Feb 26 2010, 04:52 AM

QUOTE (SearchmanDS @ Feb 25 2010, 10:37 PM)
(Posted Image)

So basically what the manga has been doing since the GX one has started. Same character, different developments in their characters. At least her not being a Psychic Duelist stays off Divine from showing...for now.

There's nothing to suggest she isn't a Psychic Duelist though, just her powers aren't up yet. That was a BIG part of her character and it was something they were very pushy about with her, I can't see it suddenly being gone.

Interesting the writers decided to jump ahead and make Aki a D-Wheeler already. I wonder what Crow does now.
Valentin
Posted: Feb 26 2010, 03:42 PM

Be afraid of Ccapac Apu!

Member No.: 148

QUOTE (Shinobi Phoenix @ Feb 26 2010, 04:52 AM)
QUOTE (SearchmanDS @ Feb 25 2010, 10:37 PM)
(Posted Image)

There's nothing to suggest she isn't a Psychic Duelist though, just her powers aren't up yet. That was a BIG part of her character and it was something they were very pushy about with her, I can't see it suddenly being gone.

Interesting the writers decided to jump ahead and make Aki a D-Wheeler already. I wonder what Crow does now.

Maybe he doesn't exist, much like Kenzan and Hayato in GX Manga?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting