InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Front Page Links not directing
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 03:28 PM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

The "Links" tab isn't working and the URL shows it isn't going at all where it should (plus the # there is obviously a clue). ("http://dmcomet.net/index.htm#")

Also, should we really even bother having Metagame.com as a link anymore? It's sort of obvious how people here feel about that site, not to mention they don't even TALK about Yu-Gi-Oh! now since the "takeover."
LeArk
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 10:32 PM

Just Call Me Ark

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 88

That and metagame.com is you know, no longer in existence since it was pulled down?
redbaronii
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 10:20 PM

Azu-nyan, MEEEOOOWWW!

Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 1

1. I was reworking the Links page, that's why I took it down...
2. Where did I linked Metagame? If so...I will pull it down (that site DNE anymore)
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jul 30 2009, 08:44 AM

QUOTE (redbaronii @ Jul 30 2009, 12:20 AM)
2. Where did I linked Metagame? If so...I will pull it down (that site DNE anymore)

(Posted Image)

But yeah, I guess I didn't know it was taken down on purpose instead of just leaving it up and putting up a new copy or version later. I hadn't access to my bookmarks where I am currently and I knew some of the places I go were in the links.

Thus, I manually typed it in to access it thinking the link was just misdirected through a typo.
redbaronii
Posted: Jul 31 2009, 10:51 AM

Azu-nyan, MEEEOOOWWW!

Member No.: 1

Shinobi:

Let me ask you a better questions: which links do people see that are essentials to YGO players (TCG + OCG)?

I have my list of OCG links but TCG...on the other hand, I don't know...

(And no, Pojo will not be put on there)

Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Jul 31 2009, 12:35 PM

I'm the wrong person to ask about that or think he should put sole input on.

I myself only frequent the ones there are already 'sister'd" to DMC. My own YGO based bookmarks consist of basically:

News:
- Shriek's two blogs (OCG and TCG in that order)
- Manjoume Thunder (Evil Bakura)'s partner blog
- TNKP's site to keep up on the subbed episodes of 5D's and translated GX manga pages (and I guess soon 5D's Manga pages)
- Janime (though I never go to the forums and haven't ever)
- myCards - TCG-Database (http://en.ygo-card.de/start.php), the database I use the most when researching stats for decks and such and he does update OCG and TCG equally as well as having a lot of statistics on cards (and exact numbers of), types, dates of release (that's how I first found out about the January 23, 1999 date for the original Volume 1 of YGO and thus the anniversary date) and other interesting stats that one only thinks about when they see it's been cataloged by someone else.

I think LeArk is the one that mentioned it when people (myself included) were looking for a database.

and then besides those...
the English YGO Wikia (mostly because you can set it as a search engine option on Firefox, so it's just convenient) - but I think people would appreciate a link to the Japanese one as well since it has the information on rulings people actually want. Especially lately since Netrep is dead as far as new rulings and the English Yugioh-card.com site still only has rulings based on the new sets, not promos or older sets prior to Crimson Crisis.

I actually don't know how to get to the Japanese Wikia.

Those are all I use or care to concerning what I would be interested in knowing in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh (note that DMC's front page is my homepage, so it just goes without saying that I end up here first regardless).

I had Netrep and UDE's Judge Forums bookmarked but we know what happened with the Judge Forums and Netrep is only good for pre-Crimson rulings.

Then I also have various things that aren't really important to other people now, such as the legal pages concerning the Konami vs UDE case, shop sites that I use for buying cards (such as ideal808), sites for buying and registering for tournament events and the Sneak Previews (in the latter's case is pointless now that they are held at hobby shops instead of convention centers) and of course... I have a LOT of pages that I go to for my "Bad CAC" thread. A LOT OF PAGES just filled with horrible designs that makes your brain call a hitman on you.

I am also a member of a site called " http://www.tradecardsonline.com/ " While it is EXACTLY THAT, it has a lot of organization tools for cataloging your collection whether you had any intention of trading through them or not. It's made so you catalog your stuff and then if someone is looking for a certain card, they look up the card itself to see who has that card and if they have something that person wants and it goes from there. A friend who is a member and has been introduced me. I really only use it for the cataloging, but to each his own. I don't pay any attention to the silly member card reviews.

So that's what I use. Hopefully other people will put their input forth.

And incidentally, DMC is my homepage, so I never had any need to bookmark it except for the direct to forum links (for when the home pages has its "usual" problems).
Ion
Posted: Jul 31 2009, 02:38 PM

さくら荘のペット

Member No.: 2

The Japanese Wiki page (Easy to remember...): http://www.yugioh-wiki.net

No pictures unlike Wikia, and only in Japanese...their search engine is also somewhat terrible...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting