InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Article #71: Maximum Six, 6th Birthday of DMComet
redbaronii
Posted: Nov 2 2008, 10:59 PM

Azu-nyan, MEEEOOOWWW!

Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 1

First of all, happy belated birthday, DMComet. Really, 6 freaking years and I am still running the site, the game is still healthy (I think), and people is still caring about what I think...

No, really, it's amazing. To all the readers of the site, I want to thank that you take my opinion into your thinking process about the game. And first I would apologize for not getting to update the site as frequent as I wanted to.

WHY?

1. Both me and Ion had an internship between January to August, and it is harder to do update during the day compared to usual. Also, I do get tired after work and get lazy and don't feel like doing anything to update the site.
2. Now we are both back in school, works had been piling up since the 2nd week in August and really I only have so much energy left after every day to think about the game.
3. Talking about the game, it's been a long while, really, for us to be super active with other players. Again, one is that we are growing up and playing Yu-Gi-Oh DOES looks kind of weird...two is we are college students after all, we ARE poor.
4. I, myself, seriously do not have the same passion to the game as before. It's getting better with the games finally get out of its "slump" but it will be a while before I care as much as I did 2 years ago.
5. Laziness. Really, I make up all the above excuses and in the end they have one common trend: we are sometimes just lazy and don't feel like typing up card reviews, revising decks, writing articles, etc.

The Site
I had said last year how I need to change the main page of this site, blah blah blah...

Guess how much I did? Zero, Absolute Zero.

I'm getting outdated and outdated to today's technology as days past by. There are so many different things that I can put into a web page with no more "rocket science" that it is not funny anymore. I would not make much more promises. There are just too many things that need to be fix on this site...that I do not even know where to start!

What I think now about the game, in details
Here are the things that I think I think about the game in general.

1. For the new anime, a.k.a. Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds...it is a mixed reaction from me. Really, I just can never get myself to bear to watch the episodes of the anime at all. Yes, there is some story going on, but I just cannot get myself to like the anime, period. The one good thing that came from 5Ds is that for one, decks are back to more specialize way and Yusei does not get all the focus (although still a lot...nothing compared to Judai). Two is that the cards use by the main character are actually fun to play with in the game: unlike Elemental Hero which gets boring after 3 sets.
2. Talking about 5Ds, the new monster type, Synchro, is a good and bad idea. Good is that there is a whole new dimension to the game. The bad is that there are some Synchros that are just purely overpowered.
3. Extra Pack is just a good thing, for both games
4. The united process is really conflict. Yes, TCG are getting the extra 10 promos each booster set, but they also release 10 whole new cards on their own.
5. Is it just me, or that from just the 10 cards alone, it seems like Upperdeck can design cards WAY better than Konami does?
6. Dark Armed Dragon is getting just annoying now-a-days. DAD-Synchro (with Psychic Engine) is just purely a dumb deck to play against.
7. When in the world does USA finally getting Duel Terminals?
8. I would be a happy man during the next month or so, and people following the updating news knows exactly why.

Well, I cannot think of much to write on about right now. I do not have a long rant about the game anymore...lost that passion also. Just what I had become? I have no idea.

Peace out, people...

WAIT, one last thing. For those people that lives in USA that are eligible to vote and did not early vote...REMEMBER to vote on the 4th. That should be a duty of the citizen. Really, nothing to be asumed of to just go to vote. I don't really care who you will vote for, just vote, cast the ballot...and wish the best to the candidates.

- Baron, 11/2/2008
pharaohyami5000
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 01:42 PM

Wanderer

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 452

OMFG! Is it really DM Comet's birthday?

Heh. At least you're being honest. All of us have things that stockpile us from getting all the work done whether it's school, work or whatever some of you people are doing so procrastination is nothing but a relaxing break for all of us.

You probably have heard this from many people here, but I just wanted you to know I appreciate the wonderful articles and card/set reviews you write. They make us (well, me at least) think of what we have done for the game, how we can improve on it, and most importantly, what I can/should do for myself and others while playing Yugioh.

My passion in Yugioh hasn't be depleted yet and because of my own wish, I would rather play this, where not only do I just play but teach new or confused players as well, then do something rotten that would affect my life and other's. Childish thoughts? Yes they are, but we once were mere children and should never forget that. Ever.

Well, I've said what I wanted to say here. I didn't deliver much, however like I said, I appreciate your thoughts and reviews and hope to see you guys again whenever time can be stolen. Good luck in school and internships. I wish for the best for you.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 07:01 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 973

Wow, 6 years already? Not bad.

Thanks to this site for putting up with my silliness - for lack of a better word - for the last 2 years, and giving me an online 'home' where I can like YGO & NOT feel like an idiot for it. Nobody blames you for having a life outside of this site, Baron; we're all lucky to even HAVE this place. :penguin_26:

With that said, here's to another 6 years! :partyfoof: :penguin_7: :penguin_5: :penguin_14: :penguin_24: :penguin_4: :dancingfoof:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting