Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Pages: (167) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Yu-Gi-Oh Five D's
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 05:43 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 973

Alrighty; I've deleted this entire post and am now reserving all future judgment for now.

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on Feb 18 2008, 10:41 PM
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 06:18 PM

Banished

Group: Comet Exiles
Member No.: 347

Yeah, I'm beginning to compare it to what Midway did with the MK franchise when Armageddon and Shaolin Monks came out; the first threw away several years of deep continuity and a huge buildup for some lame fanwankery, while the other butchered the best MK game in history with an equally horrid amount of fankwankery retcons. I like Sentai, too, but when it's forced upon other franchises essentially in order to revitalize it, something's gone terribly, terribly wrong.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 04:55 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Member No.: 973

Alright, I've been on Janime Forums for a bit last night (or probably early morning), and maybe, JUST MAYBE, due to a slight misconception in wording that was pointed out by several people there, MAYBE Searchman had a point in reserving judgment.........MAYBE. Why, you ask?

Basically, the Sentai we're all thinking of when this first came up is Super Sentai, whereas the actual word 'sentai' means 'task force'. Maybe it WON'T go SUPER Sentai. Now, this time, I can reserve judgement for A LITTLE WHILE. I still don't like it, but this gives a teeny-weeny shred of hope.
Nicole_Sera
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 09:31 PM

A shame that I can read your mind.

Member No.: 926

Whould you prefer they make yugioh into a magical girl show?^^ (BTW im actully writing that as a fan fic.) Honestly i dont think it will bebad just diffrent like gx was.
HalfDemonInuyasha
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 10:57 PM

Legendary Duelist

Member No.: 46

Yeah, I'm holding off my FINAL Judgment on it until it's actually out...but for right now...the change of terminology is, frankly, LAME and unnecessary while the new rules like a 15 card Fusion Deck is also lame and unnecessary.
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 11:11 AM

Banished

So, instead of a super-powered hero version of YGO, it's essentially YGO meets Cops? Still bloody freaking stupid, if you ask me.
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 02:56 PM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (a-hole w/ 9000atk @ Feb 13 2008, 06:55 PM)
Basically, the Sentai we're all thinking of when this first came up is Super Sentai, whereas the actual word 'sentai' means 'task force'. Maybe it WON'T go SUPER Sentai. Now, this time, I can reserve judgement for A LITTLE WHILE. I still don't like it, but this gives a teeny-weeny shred of hope.

What is this "we" stuff?

Half the people just immediately jumped on the presumption it had to do with something similar Super Sentai and the rest were just arguing why that wasn't a bad thing or to simply judge slowly instead of jumping on the hatewagon.

No one really brought up (or had the chance to given they had to counter-argue everything) the notion that Sentai-based just meant it would be a Team of Duelists of equal importance to the story, instead of this main character bullshit (though there's always a most important character in anything). Again, it wasn't something to get fiery about.

(Synjo: Sentai is just a fancy word for "team" or even just a "specialized team;" in fact, "Task Force" and "Squadron" are interchangeable as far as the word "Sentai" goes.)

Again, anything that involves a team of friends or allies fighting with various concepts of the same power to achieve a mutual goal or fight a common enemy could be referred to as "Sentai" just like one could just call them a team all the same.

It could have been 3 or 5 and it would still be a Sentai, just 5 is very common number for a team.
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 12:22 AM

Banished

(See Shinobi's Comment for the pic)

Kill. Me. NOW!

Seriously, it's Yugioh by way of AKIRA! The apocalypse is upon us! Save yourselves before it's too late! And if you think I'm joking, I WILL slit your throat with a Ghost Rare Rainbow Dragon, pal!

This post has been edited by SynjoDeonecros on Feb 18 2008, 11:11 PM
HalfDemonInuyasha
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 12:35 AM

Legendary Duelist

Member No.: 46

Like I told Bryon on MSN...

wow, Judai + Johan + Kaiba anyone?
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 12:45 AM

Banished

Actually, it's more like Yugi and Kaneda from Akira's love child. After they both got possessed by the spawns of Satan himself....

Yeah, I'm severely bitter about this. The show, thus far, looks HORRIBLE. It sounded horrible from the get-go, but now we have visual proof of it. This, along with the new list and the changes made to the game for The Duelist Genesis makes me lose all faith that the series in any capacity will ever be good again. I am just about ready to swear it off forever, at this point. I hate to say it, but I can't lie; this is to Yugioh what "One More Day" was to Spider-Man fans.
TheAmazingMrQ
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 07:12 AM

I am the white void. I am the cold sneer. I am the just snark...

Member No.: 82

Okay, though I was one of the first to bash it, I'm also big enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Personally, I like the character designs, the (what I'm assuming to be) "Rival/Right Hand" Character and the Girl in the Middle particularly intrigue me. And by the looks of it, the bike disks look as if there the pro equipment. Now, my one concern is the actual story, since we don't know what it's about.
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 01:43 PM

Banished

...THAT is the Bike Disk? An entire Duel Disk built as a MOTORCYCLE?! The hell? That makes no sense, whatsoever! I thought the Duel Disks were going to get SMALLER, NOT turn into additions to your new Kawasaki Street Rover 5000. Goddamnit, why?! Why would they do this kind of shit to us?! It's bad enough that they're making them into some kind of Kamen Rider/MMBN Net Police task force thing, but now they're setting it in a reverse Akira future? To hell with this shit. As far as I'm concerned, the anime ended with season 3 of GX.

...Actually, after watching several Kamen Rider vids on YouTube, I think a Kamen Rider-esque version of Yugioh would kick ass. Hear me out, here: it could work similarly to the Armor cards of that one guy during the Dartz saga. A specialized Duel Monster card that they could use to "fuse" with their monsters and utilize their cards' effects IRL. It might work...at least now I have a basis for my new Deck Master card idea...
Shinobi Phoenix
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 05:56 PM

Don't you know? I AM... THE GOLEM KING!!!

Group: Nobles of the Comet
Member No.: 98

First and foremost:

I thought if I waited, the situation would rectify itself and there wouldn't be a problem.

Apparently not. So I'll just say it.

Synjo: Why didn't you at least resize the image and not break the page layout? Not to mention an image of that size is murder on anyone eise with crap memory or connection.

A thumbnail isn't hard and even Photobucket has a resize option. You just need to make a copy to make setup as the thumbnail and set up a URL link to the original version (where ever it is or where you choose to serve it) then put the thumbnail with [img] tags around it for the wording of the URL link.

(Posted Image)

As far the imagery itself, I don't think it's bad by any means. Just like with Go-Onger, early low-quality imagery can put the show in a bad light, but once it's seen in action, everything come together nicely. Also like Go-Onger, I expect to like the show by now as long as it doesn't get like Turn-A Gundam.

It does look like Wolverine played "Face-Off" with Yugi, so now Wolvy-Yugi is sporting his hair and attitude and love of bikes. It still looks hot and I prefer him to Judai for sure. And I do hope the show is more action-oriented instead of JUST dueling and talking. Don't be afraid to throw a punch if need be as "throw down a face-down."
SynjoDeonecros
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 06:14 PM

Banished

Actually, I got curious and decided to check out the first episode of Go-onger; it made my brain hurt, I found it to be THAT bad and nonsensical. At least with the other three (Magiranger, Boukenger, and Gekiranger), there was SOME logic behind them to justify the willing suspension of disbelief; here, I find none. Talking animal cars whose souls lie in a flash card, while their bodies are shrunk down to toy size when separated? And they're fighting against humanoid machines who want to pollute everything? The hell? Not that Kamen Rider Kiva is much better, but I find the horror/demonic aspect of it a bit more interesting than what Go-onger has, and one of the support monsters is a werewolf, and who can disagree that werewolf protagonists don't make shows like this better?

I still think a Kamen Rider version of Yugioh would kick ass, though; it would be similar to Kamen Rider Blade meets Kamen Rider Den-O, but with Yugioh cards. At the very least, it wouldn't have Kaneda and Seifer Almasty driving lightcycles tricked out with duel disk technology looking for Legendary Dragon rip-offs.
Nicole_Sera
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 07:01 PM

A shame that I can read your mind.

Member No.: 926

looks fine to me and the new girl is cute and dosent have tripple Z cup breasts. for some reason the design reminds me of digimon savers.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (167) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting