|· Rules and Regulations · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Nov 26 2005, 10:15 PM
Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 1
Joined: 12-November 05
I promised an article, and I had said Thanksgiving would throw me off.
Well, really it didn't, but I just don't have much time this few days.
Like I did last few theme weeks, I would do my best to write on article on the flavor behind the Insect monsters in this game (it is still long way to go for me to write a good flavor article, however)
Well, the dictionary provides a not-so-helpful definition. I mean, look at this:
Well, of course, all Insects in this game should have art with either the first descriptions or spiders/ticks/scorpion like. The only few exceptions are:
1. Ultimate Insect LV1/3/5 - Because they're IN the process of being evolved into the Insect (This applies to [Evolving Cacoon] also)
2. The Scarabs - Many old Insects, plus [Swarm of Scarab]. They're really FOSSILS of Insects, which are Rock > Insect
3. Devildozer - It's really...NOT Insect, but nothing else fits
4. Magical Merchant - Well, the artists just draw it so it have six legs and standard Insect head
5. Magnetic Bug - It's not those "real" Bug, but virtual virus
I may missed some old cards, but I just cannot find any pictures of them.
The Insects described by Insector Haga (Weevil) are good at "making other stuff Insects". However, that's not always the truth. What the Insects can do in real world that can be pull into the game?
1. Tick/Lice - The DNA in the tick would affect parts of the DNA in another creature, which COULD turn them into Insect
2. Destorying Nature - Like most animal types, some Insects could release bacterias that are poisonious to other living stuff, or, they would eat up the ground/tree to feed themselves, which destroy nature.
3. Swarm - Ever pissed off a bee? In the cartoon, millions of them would chase you...well, anyway, since some Insects reproduce REALLY fast, and they lived together, swarming is always possible.
The three trends can "translate" into, of course, Transforming others to Insect, destroying cards, and special summoning.
Then, not only the obvious way of they living, but their way of communication (Howling) is pull into this game also. The "I die, special summon next" effect of [Resonance Bug], or the "negation/invisible attack" type of [Silent Insect]. The "eat myself to survive" type effect (Insect Queen/Insect Princess) also applies to this.
In old days, there's the trend of Insects being "the queen of Wind" also as they ARE the main supports for the Wind main-type monsters. However, things have change and most of the Insects are not Earth. In 307 also it touches on the relations from Insects with Plants: Insects transfer Plants' seeds, the Plant protecting the Insects living there. This, however, was not touched on anymore after the set.
This would end my really bad Insect flavor article. As you ask why Bug sprays just don't kill them? Because they just evolved...from the little Cacoons that protected the moth, or the mutated Spiders and Beetles waiting to strike anyone that eat themselves.