|· Rules and Regulations · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Apr 29 2009, 10:30 PM
Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 1
Joined: 12-November 05
The second card review of today. This time, I would do something that I do not think I had ever done in my 300 or so card reviews.
What is it? Reviewing a Fish type monster!! What so special about this "Fish"...or Fishborg, really?
For those who do not know what is a "Fishborg", it is just a "hybird creature with a mechanical body controlled by the brain of a fish" (no I did not create this definition, search on Google yourself). So this is what this is, a "Fish" type monster that should be a Machine type monster with the Fish in the tank, as the central brain power, to control a mechanical robot that shoots bubbles and create Bubbles Shuffle...
Really, if anything, nobody would think of this card as a "Fish", except the poor little ugly fish that is not even focus of the art!
This card is a Water/Fish with stats of 100/200. Uninspiring? Well, of course it is! The advantage of this card, however, is that this card is a Tuner monster. Level 1 Tuner, how good is that? Well, it can balance out the odd level you need. What else I need to say about this card? Nothing here, really, since the next section is what make this card interesting.
People do call this card the "Watered-down" (literally) [Zombie Carrier] (e. Plaguespreader Zombie) for a reason. If comparing the effect of this card and [Zombie Carrier], this card have 3 differences.
1. It requires a special case (Water attribute monster with level 3 or less) for it to come on the field: the power of Zombie Carrier comes from the fact that it can be special summon anytime, anyhow one wanted. This card requires you to have some committment to Water Attribute monster in your deck.
2. This card does not removed itself from the game: Although [Zombie Carrier] is good at special summoning, it DOES removed itself from the game after its use. This card just goes back to Graveyard, or, it can be use over and over again as long as you have cards in hand.
3. Synchro limitation: You can use [Zombie Carrier] to Zombify out anything, you need other Water Attribute monster to support this card, however.
This does not, however, make this card any worse. Although [Zombie Carrier] have its OTK strategy, this card can potentially have 2.
The first one is the one that I think a lot of people had figure out already: use this card with [Ancient Deep Sea King - Coelacanth]. Here is how it works...
1. Somehow summon [Coelacanth]
2. Special Summon, using [Coelacanth]'s effect, 2 of this card plus 2 of [Oyster Meister].
3. Synchro Summon this + 2x [Oyster Meister] to [Dark Dive Bomber]
4. Synchro Summon [Coelacanth], [Oyster Token], with this card to [Mist Wurm] (activate effect - bounce all cards on opponent's field)
5. [DDB] and [Mist Wurm] direct attack (5100 damages)
6. [Dark Dive Bomber] everything = game over.
Well, there is a version, according to YGO Wiki, that actually used this card's effect...
With [Atlantis] on the field...
1. Somehow summon [Coelacanth]
2. Special Summon, using [Coelacanth]'s effect, 1 of this card plus an [Oyster Meister], plus any other Level 3 and a level 4 Water/Fish monster
3. Synchro Summon [Coelacanth], [Oyster Token], with this card to [Mist Wurm] (activate effect - bounce all cards on opponent's field)
4. Special Summon this card from Graveyard
5. Synchro Summon this + the level 4 and level 3 monster + Oyster Token to [Dark Dive Bomber]
6. [DDB] and [Mist Wurm] direct attack (5100 damages)
7. [Dark Dive Bomber] everything = game over.
Of course, those two examples above does not really abuse this card's effect at all. They are powerful and easy to pull, but it does nothing outside of overcoming this card's limitation (using Coaelacanth) plus telling Konami to ban [Dark Dive Bomber].
SO what is another one? It is truly using this card to maximum: combing this card with [Iragaeru] (e. Substitoad) and what else...[Reward of Rebirth] (e. Card of Safe Return). Since [Iragaeru] is less than level 3, with CoSR the discard can be easily mitigated. Use [Iragaeru] and [Desgaeru] plus its support (drawing) = game over by attack, Synchro, whatever.
Of course, this card ALONE with [Reward of Rebirth] plus any other level 3 or less Water Attribute monster on your field + [Mass Driver]/[Cannon Soldier]/[Dark Dive Bomber] = revive, draw, bomb, repeat until opponent dies (or really, just draw until you get [Exodia]...a.k.a. yet another CoSR loop)
OVERALL - 9.3/10 - There is probably more methods to abuse this card that I did not thought about. How ridiculous this card could be? Well, at least it does have limitation, but make any Water Attribute deck just want to kiss this card badly because it is just great with anything it can do. Is this card broken? It does have limitation, so we will see how it plays out...I mean, all it need is someone start splashing in random Water Attribute monsters just for this card.
|a-hole w/ 9000atk||
Posted: May 4 2009, 09:26 PM
A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......
Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 973
Joined: 3-July 06
Well, there's my answer for keeping the Oyster Meisters in my Fish deck. :P A new idea for my Frog deck, too, if I do decide to include Tuners in it (still thinking).
Despite its nasty abusability, it's still not as bad as Plaguespreader, and if Konami puts DDB at 1 (although it may do less for it than it does for Goyou & Brionac), maybe it'll slip under the radar.
Posted: May 10 2009, 10:05 AM
Angel on the rise.
Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 146
Joined: 23-November 05
I believe DDB WILL get restricted in sept. They should have done so in march.
Other then that...maybe it'll have even more abusability when SDOD comes out.