Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Let's Talk Seashells!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Honeymoon Island, Pinellas County, West Florida
Marlo
Posted: Feb 9 2008, 05:48 AM

LTS Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The following discussion took place on Conch-L.

Fri 2/8/2008 Matt Blaine wrote:

Belinda,
Thank you for the heads up regarding Honeymoon Island. We were just told by some members of The Englewood Shell Club that it is a great place to collect shells! Is the ban on only live shells or any shell?

When they went into people's trunks, were they looking into their swimming trunks or their automobile trunks?

Fri 2/8/2008 Belinda replied:

They looked into all the pails, and then made them go to their cars. Opening up the car trunk, there were other buckets in it. Although, at the time I thought perhaps they were looking for drugs. But, no they were looking for live seashells. The three of them ( in their 50's) were put into the police car with their finds and they drove off.

I found it a great place to look for shells all the way at the tip of Honeymoon Island. However, wouldn't touch a live shell!!!!

Fri 2/8/2008 Carolyn of Clearwater wrote:

Honeymoon Island is a part of the Florida State Park system. I posted something to this effect several weeks ago. No live shelling is permitted in any Florida State Park. I live very close to Honeymoon, and know of no reason why you can't pick up dead shells on the beach. Sometimes I'll find almost nothing on the beach, and other times there are many washed in--just like any other beach! It's likely to be better after strong westerly offshore winds.

« Next Oldest | Shell Collecting Restrictions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0595 seconds | Archive