Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Forum Rules IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

On August 20 2009, Brainstock moved to a new board. What you are currently looking at is only an archive of old threads - everything is now taking place in the new forums.

Please switch to the new board now: http://s1.zetaboards.com/brainstock/

The reasons for this move were several unfixable issues with the old board. Examples are broken styles, missing features like a "find all posts by this member", no search feature, the lack of root access. No admins had access to the admin logs, for instance.

By moving, these and several other issues have been fixed, the forums had been improved. The admins now have root access and therefore unremovable logs to improve admin accountability, and we're now using ZetaBoards instead of InvisionFree, which offers a regularly updated software and lots of new features.

If you are seeing this message for the first time and are not here to look at archived threads, this is what you need to do: First, register on the new board. Then, if you had been registered on the old board and if you are part of a group or had any special access privileges, make sure to request your previous permissions here.

Should you encounter any links pointing to the old board (archive), please try to update them. Thank you for your help!

Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

5th of November '09
haliman111
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 03:24 PM

Colonel of the UBCS

Group: DEM Ally
Member No.: 7,914

I'm interested in attacking Ridleybank again this year. You can all say "Oh it's useless!" or "free brains!" However, it gives survivor an excuse to turn the tide on zombies, and plan a large scale attack on the heartland. Ridleybank.

For years I have seen humans go from balls to ball less, the zombies have begun to dominate the game, now it is time to reclaim that title back. For too long we have feared the zombie menace. Well I say NO MORE! We strike back, this Fifth of November we shall give the zombies something they will never forget, in one swift move we will reclaim Ridleybank from the zombie menace. I ask for your help, this task shall not be an easy one, people will die, zombies will rise, and in the end we will be able to look the zombies in the face and tell them WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT WE SHALL NOT VANISH WITHOUT A FIGHT.

I'm posting this here to try to scope out who will be helping. My group will be attacking regardless of how many others join us.

The IRC is #5oN. Server: Nexuswar. Go there, and The Colonel or I will fill you in on what we're trying to do!

~H

--------------------
user posted image
A leader is a man who assumes responsibility. He says "I was beaten," he does not say "My men were beaten."
The Colonel
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 03:33 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,858

for the record i wrote 1/2 his little speech hes too lazy to do his own

and you will be speaking with me on the IRC
Misanthropy
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 03:42 PM

Member No.: 10,986

Zombies control the game? Since when? stuffs and giggles might be had though.

--------------------
haliman111
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 03:52 PM

Colonel of the UBCS

Member No.: 7,914

QUOTE (Misanthropy @ Aug 5 2009, 03:42 PM)
Zombies control the game? Since when? stuffs and giggles might be had though.

It means whenever they feel like taking something, they do it. Let's go and take something back.

--------------------
user posted image
A leader is a man who assumes responsibility. He says "I was beaten," he does not say "My men were beaten."
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 03:53 PM

I beg of you, Sarge!

Group: PK Mods
Member No.: 7,783

Subotei is gonna eat the hell out of you.

--------------------
Let me lead the charge when the battle lines are drawn!
Matson Jade
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 04:08 PM

Member No.: 9,724

Zombies win the game because there's no such thing as a zombie noob - most of the trenchcoaters and chumps you see play as human exclusively, so the reason you see the zombies dominate is because to be a career zombie is to already be a competent and intelligent player.

--------------------
Misanthropy
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Matson Jade @ Aug 5 2009, 04:08 PM)
Zombies win the game because there's no such thing as a zombie noob - most of the trenchcoaters and chumps you see play as human exclusively, so the reason you see the zombies dominate is because to be a career zombie is to already be a competent and intelligent player.

It's more to do with it being easier to jerk up if you're a human, zombies can literally stand up and brush themselves off a lot easier, so new zombie players are punished less by the game for their mistakes.

--------------------
Thanos
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 05:15 PM

MCDU

Group: MCDU
Member No.: 10,725

Well I'm all infavor of something like this but.... Nice giving them advanced notice.

--------------------
William Kane

GMT -4/5

Proud Graduate of KotD Campus.

Fire arms, Pistol Training, Advanced Pistol Training, Shotgun Training, Advanced Shotgun Training, Hand to Hand, Knife Combat, Axe Proficiency, Free Running, Construction, Diagnosis, First Aid, Shopping, Bargain Hunting. Body Building, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, Headshot

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Vilien
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 05:16 PM

Member No.: 10,810

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys.
Visible_One
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 06:32 PM

Jokerized

Member No.: 6,005

What, again? You poor chumps sure are suckers for punishment...
Do something useful instead. You talk of taking back - well, how about taking back the parts of the city which would actually be livable, where ordinary survivors might actually GO?
Enough of this suicide charge nonsense. You want a Battle of Beersheba, not a Charge of the Light Brigade.

--------------------
If you're good at something, never do it for free.
QUOTE (The bluefish @ Oct 8 2008, 05:44 AM)
Put some honey in your tea and warm your feet by the embers of the world!
Kamden
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 06:44 PM

Whopping Member

Member No.: 2,664

QUOTE (haliman111 @ Aug 5 2009, 01:24 PM)
I'm interested in attacking Ridleybank again this year. You can all say "Oh it's useless!" or "free brains!" However, it gives survivor an excuse to turn the tide on zombies, and plan a large scale attack on the heartland. Ridleybank.

What you should really say is, on the 5th of November, which will be proceeded by days of barricade strafing, survivors will repair and rebuild the Blackmore building, followed shortly thereafter by a strike by TA, and reruining of Blackmore. Again.

Pointless attack is pointless.

--------------------
"...and the Gears of War shall grind, and with them the bowels of hell grow crowded..." except from the "Soldier's Bible"
Axe27,BARHAH!
Wiki Account

QUOTE (Saromu)
Can't handle the kitchen, GTFO my house

QUOTE (Saromu)
I'm being digitally bukkaked with stupidity.
Hal Jordan
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 07:10 PM

Member No.: 11,082

I'll be sure to be there, putting bullets in you. Thanks for the notice.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
bigdaddy2
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 07:20 PM

Ultra Member

Member No.: 3,761

QUOTE (Thanos @ Aug 5 2009, 03:15 PM)
Well I'm all infavor of something like this but.... Nice giving them advanced notice.

Giving them advanced notice of an annual event?

I would hope the RRF knows about the 5th of November by now.

--------------------
user posted image
Misanthropy
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 08:09 PM

QUOTE ("bigaddy2")

I would hope the RRF knows about the 5th of November by now.

I'm surprised there's anyone who doesn't know about my missus' birthday. Course, she doesn't play so it's not like your efforts are noticed.

--------------------
labine50
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 08:52 PM

Über Member

Group: MEMS Command
Member No.: 1,110

Calling it right now. This is going to turn into "The Battle for Blackmore (#+1)" by the 8th of November.

--------------------
UP Profile
MEMS #702
GMT -6
user posted image
user posted image

From my perspective, you get up every day and you get out there and you make your case, and you reach as many people as possible. That's what I intend to do. - Hillary Clinton, American Politician.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0422 seconds · Archive