General Forum Rules:
1. Respect other people's views! Everyone has different views on different topics, respect their views as you would expect them to respect yours. This does not mean you need to pretend to agree or even like them. The most basic rule for conduct on Brainstock is be civil.
2. Don't swear. It really is as simple as it sounds. The forum filter will substitute certain swear words with less offensive words. If you find a word that should be filtered but isn't yet, please let an Admin know. Trying to avoid the swear filter by only slightly misspelling the word, or replacing one letter with another character that looks close will result in a warning and temporary moderation of your posts.
3. Do not post anything that can be considered as being directly rude or insulting towards members. We will not allow any form of abuse. Again, this does not mean you have to agree with them, you just have to be reasonably civil. Or to put it another way, you can say 'That is a really dumb idea.', but you can't say 'I can't believe you are such an idiot!'.
4. We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Brainstock community standards. The Brainstock team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
5. Remember, the minimum age to join this board is 13, and we have many members younger than 17. Don't post anything that would be inappropriate for any age group visiting the forum.
6. Following the above rules, you will not post any NSFW content directly on these forums (NSFW is defined as anything that most people would not want to be seen by their bosses, parents, etc.). However you may also not post links to content that is considered NSFW without a warning. Links to pornography or anything encouraging illegal activities is not allowed.
7. Offensive usernames will be banned after a notification is sent out. By not deleting them, it will ensure that no one else can use them and serve as a reminder for all of those who wish to repeat such actions.
8. Do not try to impersonate anybody from Brainstock, Urban Dead, or any other Urban Dead related website. You can hide your own identity if you feel the need, but you are not allowed to pretend to be somebody from the Urban Dead community that you are not. Accounts created for such a purpose will be banned.
9. Do not claim to be an Administrator or Moderator for Brainstock if you are not. This includes in the game or on other forums.
10. Spying is not allowed. Anyone discovered to be using an account on Brainstock to spy on any of the groups with private areas on this forum, or to be a representative of a group they do not belong to will be banned.
11. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, such as one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like.
12. Multiple or repeated posting with little or no content in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
13. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
14. Do not post any information about how to exploit bugs in Urban Dead. Know the difference between exploiting and reporting bugs.
15. Do not start threads with titles which have no relevance to the actual post or is meaningless, such as "see this" or "something interesting". Use a title which is relevant to the thread and not something completely different.
16. It is not allowed to encourage others to break the forum rules or to encourage others to do something that is considered illegal in anyway. Do not advertise or recommend things that are not allowed.
17. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
18. Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily (Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot).
19. Please open new topics in the most relevant forum. The moderators and administrators reserve the right to move any topic for any reason they see fit without a link in the original forum.
20. You are responsible for your own posts and agree not to hold Brainstock or any other member liable for any messages posted.
1. Host posted images yourself. Do not leach them (direct link to someone else's page). We recommend imageshack.
2. Do not post images of sexual acts for any kind or images containing nudity that can be considered inappropriate for minors. Suggestive is ok, but is up to the discretion of the moderators.
3. Do not post images of explicit real-life violence.
4. Images containing language not allowed under these rules are likewise not allowed.
5. For images in posts: up to 500 pixels wide, 300 pixels tall and 100k in size. The thumbnail option on imageshack is recommended for larger images.
6. For images in avatars: up to 100 pixels wide, 100 pixels tall and 50k in size.
7. For images in signatures: A total of up to 400 pixels wide, 200 pixels tall and 100k in size.
Brainstock utilizes a 20 point warnings system, and the moderators are encouraged not to be shy about handing out warnings for breaking any of the above rules. Other than the moderators, only you can see your current warning level or read your warning logs. For minor infractions, or things that are easily correctable (such as a signature that is too large), the moderators will generally let you know directly without a warning, but that is at their discretion. Repeated or blatant breaking of these rules will earn you warnings. Warnings may include temporary post moderation, temporary removal of post privileges or temporary banning. Admins can make such changes permanent. If you feel you have been unjustly warned, bring it up with a global moderator or admin. Other than breaking the few rules above that specify banning to earn a forced vacation from Brainstock is to break the rules above while arguing with a moderator about having been warned about breaking the rules.