This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Hello, and welcome to Boltage's Pokémon RPG! This is a play-by-post Role Playing Game, where we feature a different battle system, in addition to combining aspects from all things Pokémon, including the manga and games!

Some notable things that you will notice include the nine specializations, the differences to battle and contests, the effects of Move Mastery, and our many eccentric members and events.

So, don't wait! Sign up today!

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Boltage's Pokémon RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Read the important message right here! It might answer some of your questions!
Important Message: BPRPG is currently in reconstruction. Hopefully we'll be able to start back up before September (whenever Hedge's RL boss gives him enough time to finish the site), with all the Diamond and Pearl stuff! Check the announcements board for updates!

Time to come clean, I guess
Hedge Spikeskin
Posted: Oct 7 2007, 10:01 PM

Board Cosmetics Staffer
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3

Before I begin, don't ask me what broke the skin. I have no idea other than maybe the webspace Kazuki used to put the images on doesn't have the images anymore.

Yeah, a lot of you are getting on the impatient side. (Believe it or not, I've noticed.) In a sense I was too; I wanted to get it done. Then school started and I got busier than I already was. It doesn't help that I've been getting increased hours at work due to vacations, training new people, and stuff. (I always get stuck with the idiots too. And even the people that might work out have some quirk that gets them let go.) Then my computer was dead a couple weeks ago, which didn't help matters. Actually, it wasn't dead yet. It got better. </Monty Python reference>

That said, I pretty much haven't gotten anything done, and to be honest I don't expect to. It pains me to say this, but barring a miracle (like Bolt coming back to take charge), BPRPG might just have to be laid to rest. I've talked to most of the other staff, and most of them are as busy as I am, what with school, lives, or both. I wouldn't expect anything, sadly.

It does sadden me to see this happen, though. In the 3 years I've been a part of BPRPG (first as a player, then a ref, then an Updater, then back to advanced ref with a reset, then updater/staff again) I've had a lot happen to me, and a lot for the better. (After all, BPRPG was essentially the first major community I was a part of -- I don't really count GameFAQs.) I'll spare you the details. It's been a great run and I'm sad to see it go.

Maybe when I don't have to work the following morning I'll post some parting thoughts. I hate to see it go, but right now it looks like it's for the best. I'll still be around, just not... running the RPG. Maybe I'll set up something a little more freeform in the coming weeks, but probably nothing massive. (Hence the board will stay open. I won't be that mean.) Who knows? Something might still happen in the future...

--------------------
user posted image

DragonairA1: BB'S FRENCH
DragonairA1: KEEL HEEM
Spinballwizard: ...YEAH TOAST!
DragonairA1: >_>
DragonairA1: When someone says 'KEEL HEEM' and is referring to you, your Reaction should not be 'Yeah toast!'.

kikuichimonji 1: I'M BACK
kikuichimonji 1: FROM
DragonairA1: MY PANTS
kikuichimonji 1: THE LAND OF BORKED TUBES
kabobrocks
Posted: Oct 7 2007, 10:21 PM

Fire Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 723

Ugh, I would hate to see it go, but I completely understand how life and school get in the way of things. Whatever works best for you man, we'll all follow suit

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Twim'c
Posted: Oct 7 2007, 11:13 PM

Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95

Yeah, I don't think we could ask for more. I am glad that you have done all you have already.

--------------------
To whom it may concern...

Lalalah...
My POKéMON, I send them out,
all the girls scream and shout!
-Juggler Mason, Pokemon FR/LG

user posted image
Zeo
Posted: Oct 8 2007, 08:49 AM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

Group: Ref
Member No.: 21

Hm. If this is what the staff believes must happen, then so be it.

I've enjoyed my time with BPRPG and will miss it, though not as dearly as I would have it this happened months ago.

Thank you to Hedge and the rest of the staff for your hardwork over the years and for trying to get things going again.

--------------------
"I am ZeoX;Digital God amongst mere Mortals like YOU."

Regice Nametag:ZetaSigmaAlphonse
Cabbageface
Posted: Oct 8 2007, 05:29 PM

Junior Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 912

awww man, and i just spent all that time signing up! well... like 5 minutes tongue.gif, but still... bummer sad.gif
char
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 10:47 AM

Junior Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 954

i didnt even get to play it sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
go to freewebs.com/pokemonmastercharMy Webpage
Turbos
Posted: Dec 26 2007, 01:22 AM

Junior Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20

So... Does this mean the RPG is over, or just on hiatus?
DarkProphet
Posted: Jan 28 2008, 07:35 PM

Improved Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

A little of both. In my experience there would be a giant lag period where no one can do anything on the rpg. Then out of nowhere people start getting free time and they might start it up.

To give a little history thing.....according to original guy (Boltage McGammer; alias name), his rpg site (not this one an older one) is about 8 years old. The first four years he was starting out slow and it was getting a couple old members. People I only know through stories and you may never know.

enough with the history lesson. I need to brush up on HTML. And since I still have staff status on the old one and it's all ready to go. I was thinking of having people move back there.

Yes BB, Talon, Q, Abe, Ivan and all other vets. For the pass two years on our spare time, Zeo and I have posted every so often so the site can't be deleted (according to the main forum site rules).

so I was thinking if we can take it out to the way it used to be. the ref thing still in effect, but not have just one person take the site on his own terms. It didn't work for me or BB (though he was way better at the thing then I ever could have been).

--------------------------------------------
In Short: When I start working as a government employee within 2 weeks. I'll be working from 6am-2pm....so i'll be available for old times sake to doing the rpg. if that's ok with the veterns

--------------------
user posted image

"When the light shines any hero is better than none....but when darkness falls there is one...."
-DarkProphet

"The Shadow never rests."
-Hanzo Hattori, Samurai Warriors (PS2)
Suicine Nametag
Zeo
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 01:00 PM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

Thats the best news I've heard this year, DarkProphet.
*grins like a maniac*

--------------------

Hedge Spikeskin
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:10 PM

Board Cosmetics Staffer
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3

Zeo, the year's 36 days old. >_>

But there is one main problem, DP: The Diamond/Pearl stuff. It hasn't been added yet, and it might be good to do that, and that's a lot of work.

Just FYI: I'm in the (slow) process of starting a separate Pokémon RPG project (as I told Turbos through AIM) completely separate from BPRPG. It'll be more story-based than BPRPG is/was, and I'd be enforcing that, but it'd also be a lot less stat-intensive. I'm compiling my information and stuff right now, I'm hoping (though am making no guarantees) that I'll have something by the end of the month. I'll post something here if that comes to fruition.

I'm not looking for any help at this time, so don't ask.

--------------------
user posted image

DragonairA1: BB'S FRENCH
DragonairA1: KEEL HEEM
Spinballwizard: ...YEAH TOAST!
DragonairA1: >_>
DragonairA1: When someone says 'KEEL HEEM' and is referring to you, your Reaction should not be 'Yeah toast!'.

kikuichimonji 1: I'M BACK
kikuichimonji 1: FROM
DragonairA1: MY PANTS
kikuichimonji 1: THE LAND OF BORKED TUBES
Zeo
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 05:35 PM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hedge Spikeskin @ Feb 5 2008, 11:10 PM)
Zeo, the year's 36 days old. >_>

But there is one main problem, DP: The Diamond/Pearl stuff. It hasn't been added yet, and it might be good to do that, and that's a lot of work.

Just FYI: I'm in the (slow) process of starting a separate Pokémon RPG project (as I told Turbos through AIM) completely separate from BPRPG. It'll be more story-based than BPRPG is/was, and I'd be enforcing that, but it'd also be a lot less stat-intensive. I'm compiling my information and stuff right now, I'm hoping (though am making no guarantees) that I'll have something by the end of the month. I'll post something here if that comes to fruition.

I'm not looking for any help at this time, so don't ask.

Yes, but it wasn't the best news I'd heard last year, and more stuff may come up that counts as best news of '08. So I went with it. Best news I've heard this year!

Goodluck with your own RPG. I(and a few friends) have got our own being set-up on Invision, though since he hasn't said anything about it to the public, I don't think I'll reveal much on it either.

--------------------

Twim'c
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 09:49 AM

Trainer
Group Icon

I am not sure if it counts as a being... It only has one of the required characteristics for life (Homeostasis, to be sure) tongue.gif
Well, I think I am back, from the long disappearance that nobody noticed, I am sure wink.gif
Presenting the new, and improved*, Twim'c! Now with more photoshop skills!

*See store for details

--------------------

Lalalah...

user posted image
Zeo
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 02:04 PM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

Where've you been, you slimy git? I've heard nothing from you on the two or so times I've logged onto AIM and you never visit.

--------------------

Twim'c
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 08:05 PM

Trainer
Group Icon

>_> <_<
You were not on when I got the messages...

--------------------

Lalalah...

user posted image
Zeo
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 10:40 AM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

Yes. I even waited from nine to five for you last time, and not a peep all night long.

--------------------

Twim'c
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 08:50 PM

Trainer
Group Icon

>_>
I feel like rubbish! :'O
But I really didn't see you on... I'll be looking out for you.

--------------------

Lalalah...

user posted image
Zeo
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 12:08 PM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

Don't feel bad. I might get another chance this saturday. Might being the key word.

--------------------

honeycomb
  Posted: Mar 22 2008, 12:32 PM

Junior Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,075

Character name: honeycomb
email: iginnett@bellsouth.net
specialazation: medical help (a nurse joy)
region: kanto
starter: Squirtle
Pokemon's Gender: female.png girl
Egg's move:surf
pokemon personality:gentle
sprite:may
item set: 10 pokeballs and 5 potions

i don't know if ya'll need this stuff or not so i'm gonna post it

-
honeycomb biggrin.gif
Zeo
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 03:36 PM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

QUOTE (honeycomb @ Mar 22 2008, 12:32 PM)
Character name: honeycomb
email: iginnett@bellsouth.net
specialazation: medical help (a nurse joy)
region: kanto
starter: Squirtle
Pokemon's Gender: female.png girl
Egg's move:surf
pokemon personality:gentle
sprite:may
item set: 10 pokeballs and 5 potions

i don't know if ya'll need this stuff or not so i'm gonna post it

-
honeycomb biggrin.gif

*sigh* Sign-ups are closed, so that info really isn't needed. Please delete it.

--------------------

honeycomb
  Posted: Mar 23 2008, 01:57 PM

Junior Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,075

i don't know how sad.gif
Zeo
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 11:31 AM

Phazon Ruler.
Group Icon

QUOTE (honeycomb @ Mar 23 2008, 01:57 PM)
i don't know how sad.gif

You don't have to delete the post, just edit that info out of it. At the top right courner of your posts there should be a couple of options to click on, one of which being the Edit button.

Anyway, please excuse my rudeness last time. Welcome to Boltage's Pokemon RPG! We're inbetween resets at the moment, so yeah signups aren't going on just yet. Things may or may not pick up, but you're welcome to stick around and find out with the rest of us!

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Member Legend: Admin Staff Judge Ref Member Newbie
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0664 seconds | Archive

Pokémon and all related characters, images, and titles are registered trademarks of Nintendo, CREATURES, and Game Freak. All other original content is (c) 2003-2005 Boltage McGammer (alias) or the BPRPG staff. All rights reserved.