Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Dear guests. If you want to activate your forum membership, you need to send the email you've registered with to limbonino@gmail.com.

With the recent spike in bot registrations, and the forum being too outdated for security upgrades, we've made it so registrations need to be admin approved. So to prove you're not a bot, send an email to limbonino@gmail.com after you've registered a forum account. Thanks.

Name:   Password:

Character Illustration, Y'know
Eksuos
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 08:59 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 305

So I'ma taking a character illustration course this quarter. Pretty straight forward stuff; come up with a story, design the character around the story, then flesh him/her/it out.

So here's what I have so far.

(Posted Image)
Final draft of the character.

(Posted Image)
Body rotations.

(Posted Image)
Character sheet.

(Posted Image)
Alternate settings.

(Posted Image)
Secondary characters.

Hope you guys enjoy what I've got do far. I'll eventually upload more of the sketches I've done and some exercise work as well. I'll also update this with the last few assignments of the course.
Evi
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:18 AM

Elite Regular

Group: OSP: Gaea
Member No.: 224

cute. i like the design.

How much do you know about schizophrenia? the reason i ask is because it there can be a lot of symptoms that would impact gesture and facial expression.

also I don't know if there is such a thing as acute schizophrenia.. or rather i don't think they call it that anymore. I assume you mean the type which exhibits more positive symptoms rather than negative. (more hallucinations, less low emotional affect)

Also disorganised speech and low affect (emotion)

The Wikipage seems pretty align with what we learned in class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

--------------------
Wombat
Eksuos
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 03:04 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 305

This does take place roughly between the 1950s and the 60s, so I tried to look into what people had schizophrenia pinned as back then. Some information was a bit tough to find, considering it was from an odd period of the medical world. But I'll keep trying, I'd like to not be ignorant going into this.
As the class continues, I've been thinking about switching things around a bit, such as possibly going down a psychic rather than mental disorder path. But he would still be diagnosed as schizophrenic/anything else that proves to be a better fit.

Thanks for the advice :)
Zeratanus
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:19 PM

Global Moderator

Group: NPI: Assassin*
Member No.: 20

That world doesnt seem too big on chins :P

Pretty cool designs man (and nice crossover choices!)

--------------------
Zera: you should watch my computer defrag with me
Blue: That is the worst idea I've ever heard.
Blue: Set up the feed.

user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
tride
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:33 PM

Elite Regular

Group: OSP: Paladin
Member No.: 31

I really like it! Nice job!

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1170 seconds | Archive